The installation of DAEMON Tools Net takes only a few moments. To setup a program, perform the following steps:
- Select preferable language which will be used for installation wizard and then will be applied for the installed application.
- On the Welcome page of the setup wizard click Next button to continue installation.
- After reading the license agreement, click I Agree button, and on the next screen choose license type.
- After License Agreement page you need to select required type of DAEMON Tools Net installation. Installation continues in depend on your choice.
DAEMON Tools Net setup provides four types of the product installation. Type selection depends on the role which is assigned to the computer. On the Installation Type page you can select:
Network Manager — is the part of DAEMON Tools Net suite. Network Manager
is licensing and deployment center for DAEMON Tools Net infrastructure. It
provides software activation service for DAEMON Tools Net Clients and Data
Servers in your local network. Also, you can deploy clients and servers
remotely using Network Manager.
Purchased DAEMON Tools Net license becomes activated during Network Manager installation. HTTPS connection (on standard 443 port) to Disc-Soft.com server should be allowed on this system for successful license activation. Computer where Network Manager is installed is the only system which requires allowed outgoing connection. All other systems on which your are planning to install Clients or Data Servers require allowed connections only to your Network Manager system.
Data Server — provides network access to centralized Image Catalog (Image Catalog sharing functionality). Also, it provides network access to virtual CD/DVD drives over iSCSI protocol (iSCSI targets).
Client — contains all functionality of DAEMON Tools Pro product and in addition provides functionality to work with iSCSI targets and network images on DAEMON Tools Net Data Servers installed in your network.
- DAEMON Tools Net Network Manager can be installed together with Data Server.
- System requirements for Data Server installation are the same as for Windows File Servers.